Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!


 
These are the elephants out front of the Target House all lit up at night. They are so cute!


Tonight, we went out to a nice Christmas Eve dinner at one of the local favorite restaurants called Houstons. I believe it's somehow affiliated with Rutherford Grille in Napa. I'm not certain, but when I was looking it up, Rutherford Grille was on the list. That was enough to have me excited. I love that place! So, after Kayla was finished making all of her ornaments for the tree, we headed out. I was reminded half way through dinner to not forget to give her that third dose of Zofran. The poor girl got sick right in the middle of dinner. I felt so bad for her. She was crying really hard. I explained to the waitress what was wrong b/c I didn't want her to think Kayla was contagious. Ok, seriously.... Zofran, CHECK. Throw up bags for the purse and car, CHECK. I hope I have learned my lesson there.





After Dinner, we went for our nightly drive to see the lights. There is a place out here that is as popular as the Devonshire house in Novato. It's called "Starry Nights". You pay $20 per car (and let me tell you, they were raking it in tonight... it was packed!) You tune into a local station where they have their own Christmas music mix playing and you turn off your headlights. There are horse and carriage rides too! It really was awesome! The drive just goes on and on. It was unlike anything I had ever seen before. I tried to take pictures, but none really came out. This first pic is as you are entering the light show:

 This is the huge Dinosaur we thought Anthony would have loved! It was massive and truly 3-D!
By the time we got back, Kayla was pretty tired. She did have enough energy for some ice cream though.


 Kayla is hanging up (taping actually) the ornaments she made today in the craft room. Do you like our tree? It requires no water! The nurses gave it to us when she was waking up from sedation the other day. Clever idea!
Finally, Kayla got tired enough to go to sleep! We said our nightly prayers and now it's time to wrap. Merry Christmas everyone. May God bless you all!!!!!!  G'night

10 comments:

  1. MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you! I think of you everyday and feel blessed to be able to follow along on your journey. You are the true meaning of "family" and you display it on a constant basis. Much Love to You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your Journey with us, we love you guys! And miss you a lot,(I miss u Kayla:) FELIZ NAVIDAD! WE WISH YOU THE BEST every day..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas dear Dehnert family! Thinking of you and praying for Kayla every day! At church tonight, she was my number 1 prayer!! As many people have already said, you are the true meaning of family! God bless you all and may 2012 bring your better day! Love, Ari, Mike, Ava & Jake

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are our Christmas! You all are so beautiful and strong. God bless you. Thank you!! Frank and Mary Hoburg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you all. Kayla looks so cute and like she is enjoying herself, minus being sick. Looks like all is well!! Hope you guys have an amazing Christmas! <3 Much love from the family. Krysta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to my dear friends. I love you and miss you. I am happy that although you are not all together currently, you are able to make this season special in its own way. Your spirit and determination are intoxicating. One day you will look back on this year and marvel at how you did it and how distant the memory will become. Stay Strong Kayla! Annie and Denny: You both are so amazing, strong, loving, nurturing, and dozens upon dozens of more fantastic traits. You give strength to those you touch and most importantly...you have taught Kayla how to be the strong girl that she is being right now. Bless all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are with you in spirit, singing carols, enjoying the lights, giving out hugs. Hope you feel all the love coming your way from Pennsylvania! Cheers to all, Auntie Ann and the gang

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Xmas to our family in Tennessee!!! We miss you very much today, more so than every day that you've been gone. I am so glad that you all got a special dinner last night as well as the beautiful homemade tree. We are sending every ounce of positive thought your way each and every day. I wish we could be there to see Kays' eyes light up with the bike mention, too. Your family will be complete when AJ gets there. He was astounding me last night with his "magic painting" ways. He was painting with a gift I got and said that he loved "arting". He said "Wait for it....boom! See my magic A? See my J?" SO magical. I cannot wait until we are all together again. Love you with every part of us! Nicole and Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas Denhert family! Cheers from Erin S and family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been following your blog since I saw Gayle Hayes post on FB as she was my daughters preschool teacher.
    Your love, faith and strength has touch our hearts. Kayla, you truly are the healing and magic of God's light.
    Merry Christmas and God Bless You!
    Helen and Maya from Novato

    ReplyDelete