Saturday, December 3, 2011

hurry up and wait

I feel like I'm doing lots, but getting nothing done! Two more days of sleeping in our own bed. Two more days of our own coffee and our own showers. I am really excited about just getting this going and being one step closer to having this all behind us.

Today and tomorrow will be spent packing and getting everything checked off the list. We had a nice lunch out today at La Pinata. It was sunny and gorgeous! We sat outside and just marveled in it all. There really isn't too much to report from now until we get to Tennessee.
Kayla Playing "go fish" with her Auntie Nicole

Kayla and one of her GG's. (her daddy's grandma) Precious! :)

Auntie Nikki brought over a card that her class of students made for Kayla

Tonight Anthony told me that when he gives me a kiss, it will go into my bones and stay with me forever. That way if I miss him I know the kiss is still there. Then he leaned in and gave me a huge smooch on the cheek. It was the sweetest thing. I will remember that forever. I am going to miss that boy SO much!!!! I am looking forward to when he comes out and spends Christmas with us. I am sure Santa will be visiting at some point since we didn't get to see him at the mall this year.

I felt the need to post even though there really isn't too much to say right now. I just want to thank all of you for reading, praying and supporting in all the ways you have. 

Good night!

Annie, Denny, Kayla & AJ



8 comments:

  1. I love the family pic!!
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthony's kiss--what a heart melter! Love the pics, appreciate the blog so much, and so very hopeful and confident about what's to come! Wishing a great, restful, smiley couple of days to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. We will be with you In Spirit at St Judes! Praying for wellness!
    Emily Aufdermaur (marcus' cousin)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that I got those silly Santa hats & got you all to pose so nicely for me to take that pic. Means the world to me. We will miss you this Christmas, but it is so worth it. Kayla is such a treasure to our family. This Christmas is one we will never, ever forget! Love you so much!

    Merry Christmas,
    xoxo
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great family picture! You will come to treasure that pic. in the coming years when this is all just a distant memory Annie. Again Annie & Denny, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers constantly, and we know Kayla will be in excellent hands. When you have a mailing address, PLEASE let us know so we can send you some of Robert's "you know what." I know it's not much but it will be sent with much love and maybe it will bring a little smile on your faces when you receive it. Have a safe trip, give Kayla and Anthony a huge kiss for us, and hang in there. You guys are AMAZING!!!

    Love Cindi & Robert J.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That precious little boy, I wanna squeeze him. Tell him Koko wants one of his powerful kisses too! So sweet! Wonderful family picture! Can you send it to me, I'd love put it in a frame on my mantle and place a candle in front of it as we pray and send healing messages in your absence!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a family of Wise Old Souls....Anthony is amazing! Instead of getting "lost" in the shuffle, his insight and power of a "kiss" is awesome.....and touched all of our hearts.

    Love this family picture....have saved it!

    KISSES to each of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that picture of you all. Your family is still looking great and going strong, in the midst of all that is going wrong. That's a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete